Rufus is a powerful PC utility that enables you to format and also create bootable USB flash drives. Inside this lightweight tool, you will find an option to download Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Download Rufus now and enjoy creating bootable USB drives the easy way!
Get Rufus latest version for Windows OS (XP-7-8/8.1 and 10). Download the offline setup installer with a single, direct and secure link. The downloaded setup file is compatible with both Windows 32 and 64-bit operating system.
Rufus is one of the useful tools for creating a bootable USB flash drive. Bootable USB flash drive is a USB flash drive or an external USB hard disk drive containing an operating system like Windows 10 or other bootable software, meaning that it can be run when the computer is booting up.
Rufus developers officially claim that Rufus is twice as fast as loading ISO files on a USB flash drive compared to UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB Download Tool.
Rufus is licensed as freeware for PC or laptop with Windows OS without restrictions. It is in the System Utilities category and is available for all PC users as a free download. In addition, Rufus also has several features as follows:
Features Of Rufus
1. Very small size: The program used to make bootable USB flash drives is relatively small, but Rufus is smaller than its competitors, the current version of Rufus is not more than 1MB.
2. A portable version is available: For those of you who need a portable version of Rufus, you can download the portable version of Rufus so you can store it in storage media (for example a USB flash drive) and run it directly without having to bother installing it on your computer.
3. Supports ISO file processing that contains various platforms: Actually, Rufus is only available for Windows operating systems, but you can make a bootable USB flash drive with an ISO file that contains Windows, Linux (and BSD) operating systems, MacOS and various bootable software with type of BIOS or UEFI.
4. Can be used to do low level format: Low or low, meaning that the formatting process is closer to the hardware compared to the standard formatting process, low level format is performed on data storage hardware such as hard disk drives or USB flash drives to make recovery data irreversible.
Some sources claim that low level format can be done to correct formatting problems on data storage devices, such as hard disk drive devices that cannot be formatted using the built-in Windows feature.
In addition to the features that have been described above, there is one more thing that makes Rufus much loved by many people, which is support formatting various types of file systems. Rufus also supports formatting hardware storage media files with FAT, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, UDF or ReFS.
Technical Details Of Rufus
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- Languages: Multiple Languages.
- Available For Download: Yes.
- Author site: Pete Batard.
- Category: System Utilities.
- Version: V 3.5.
- File Size: 1 MB.
- License: Freeware.
Rufus is one of the utility software that is used to make a bootable USB flash drive that is used for OS installation such as Windows, Linux and so on.
How To Download Rufus For Windows PC
Click on the below button in order to start Rufus download for PC. It’s a complete offline installer and standalone setup file. This setup would be compatible with both 32 and 64-bit windows.